Circular 31 of 2023: Trustee Induction Programme for open schemes
The Council for Medical Schemes (CMS) will be once again hosting a two-day Induction Programme for Board of Trustees (BoTs) of open medical schemes. This training intervention will be held on the CMS Virtual Classroom from 19 – 20 September 2023.
These sessions are aimed at providing guidance to newly appointed members of BoTs on the following:
- Introduction to the Medical Schemes Act
- Compliance with the Medical Schemes Act
- Accreditation of Brokers and Healthcare Providers
- Overview of Prescribed Minimum Benefits (PMBs)
- Complaints and Adjudication procedures
- Financial soundness of a Medical Scheme
- Overview of Healthcare and PMB Costs
With the high demand for Trustee Training, the CMS plans to offer three other training interventions to newly appointed BoTs of medical schemes:
- Training for open medical schemes;
- Training for closed schemes and
- Training for specific schemes
The Induction Programmes for Trustees will be used as a pre-requisite to register for the Advanced Leadership Programme for Trustees offered by the Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS) in collaboration with the CMS. The Advanced Leadership Programme for Trustees will commence in January 2024. Access the calendar here for closed schemes training dates.
To register for the Induction Programme for Trustees, click here.
Download the Circular here.