Circular 28 of 2022: Induction Programme for Trustees
The Council for Medical Schemes (CMS) will once again be hosting a two-day Induction Programme for Board of Trustees of medical schemes. This workshop will be held on the CMS Online Training Platform from 20 – 21 June 2022.
These sessions are aimed at among others, providing guidance to newly appointed members of the Board of Trustees on the following:
- Introduction to the Medical Schemes Act
- Compliance with the Medical Schemes Act
- Accreditation of brokers and healthcare providers
- Complaints and Adjudication procedures
- Financial soundness of a medical scheme
- Overview of COVID-19
- COVID-19 as a PMB
The Induction Programmes for Trustees will be the only pre-requisite acceptable to register for the CMS Advanced Leadership Programme for Trustees to be hosted later in the year. Details about the Leadership Programme will be communicated in due course.
To register for the workshop, click here.
Download the Circular here.