Circular 36 of 2023: Induction Programme for Trustees of closed schemes
The Council for Medical Schemes (CMS) is hosting a two-day Induction Programme for Board of Trustees (BoTs) of closed medical schemes on CMS’ Virtual Classroom from 1-2 November 2023.
These session will providing guidance to newly appointed members of the BoTs on the following:
- Introduction to the Medical Schemes Act
- Compliance with the Medical Schemes Act
- Accreditation of Brokers and Healthcare Providers
- Overview of Prescribed Minimum Benefits (PMBs)
- Complaints and Adjudication Procedures
- Financial soundness of Medical Schemes
With the high demand for Trustee Training, the CMS plans to offer three additional training interventions to newly appointed BoTs of medical schemes:
- Training for open medical schemes;
- Training for closed schemes and;
- Training for specific schemes
The Induction Programmes for Trustees will be used as a pre-requisite to register for the Advanced Leadership Programme for Trustees offered by the Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS) in collaboration with the CMS. The Advanced Leadership Programme for Trustees will commence in January 2024.
To register for the Induction Programme for Trustees, click here.
Download the Circular here.